The Crest of Nfld
So You wanna do
You know you are from Newfoundland when:
1. You never meet any celebrities except Buddy Wasisname.
2. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.
4. You've seen all the biggest bands ten years after they were popular in Toronto.
5. You measure distance in hours when travelling across the province.
7. Your classes were often cancelled because of snow.
9. You use a down comforter in the summer.
10. Your grandparents drive at 100/km per hour through 13 feet of snow in a raging blizzard - without flinching.
11. Your social life consists of bingo, darts, cards & fishing.
12. You see people wear hunting clothes or jogging suits to social events.
13. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
14. You think of the major four food groups as moose meat, beer, fish and berries.
16. There are 4 empty cars running in the parking lot at the convenience store at any given time.
17. You only own three spices: Salt, Pepper and Ketchup.
18. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
19. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
20. You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.
21. You think sexy lingerie is a flimsy polyester night dress.
23. It takes 3 hours to go to the store for one item when your in a rush because you have to stop and talk to everyone you know.
24. You have a satelite dish with 200 channels and you watch the NTV evening newshour religiously.
26. Everyone knows a snowmobile in the back of a new truck is a sign of a well off man.
27. You have your own rubber boots & ball cap for picking berries and fishing.
28. The shed, barn, or boat house are acceptable places for grown men and sometimes women to drink and socialize.